Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Biggerexia

What is this idea of "biggerexia"?! Is this a disease? Some may argue so. It's the idea where the typical "muscle head" or " weight room buff" indulges in the obsession of always becoming bigger/more massive than he or she already is. No matter how big one gets, they never believe that they are big enough. Granted, if your profession or interest is body building then this obsession is more understood. I was once told by a man believed to have "biggerexia" that he hates to work out his abs and doesn't do cardio because they both make him smaller. Was he kidding?! I must admit that there was a time when I to had "biggerexia". I later realized that my personal preference for keeping fit was efficiency in my body instead of mass. What would you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment